foggyhere
Participant

I keep questioning whether he’s just a really sensitive man who I hurt and then lashed out by withdrawing his love and affection, instead of it being is way of shutting down so that I don’t disagree with him. I ended up just telling my therapist the straight facts. I really trust this therapist, and he said the behaviour was very odd, especially given he resisted therapy to sort out the root issue, most likely the root issue has nothing to do with me.

I also told the therapist I felt bad talking to you ladies, because he hasn’t knocked me about. My therapists response floored me “emotionally, he has knocked you about. You are a wonderful woman, who has occupied so many different roles”. I just broke down and sobbed. He said if that was hard to hear, then it was because I needed to focus more on myself. I keep telling myself I need to leave what I told the therapist with the therapist, and move on to working on the future.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content