Lisa
Main Moderator

Hi Sparkle1, welcome to the forum. What you have described is definitely emotional abuse. Trying to stop you seeing friends and family is a common tactic that abusers use. The less you see your friends and family the more you become isolated. Also ignoring you for days at a time is not normal behaviour.

I understand the temptation to always go back because that is the easiest thing to do, but this abuse is not going to stop. He is proving that by continuously acting the same way when you return. If he wanted to change he could do it but he just says things to get you back. In order for your partner to change he would have to fully understand and except that he is behaving badly and your partner doesn’t.

I know it is hard to make steps to making changes but a good place to start would be the National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247. I think it would be good initially just for you to talk to as many people as you can about this, it might help you feel clearer about it all. It’s a step in the right direction and a way for you to start feeling like you’re taking control of this.

It’s great that you have come on here to talk about how you are feeling. I hope that you find the forum a supportive place.

Best wishes

Lisa

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content