KIP.
Participant

Hi on edge, I just wanted to share a lesson I learned. Leaving an abuser is like breaking a bad drug habit. You may be well away from that drug but it doesn’t stop the cravings you have now and again. As long as you realise that the drug is dangerous to you. You might get an initial high (if you’re lucky) but eventually that drug will seriously harm your mental and physical wellbeing. I like to remember that abusers just want to get close enough to us again to slap us. Stay strong till the cravings pass. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Freedoms, it really does get better. It’s taken me a year to get over the feeling that every time I’m happy and moving on, I feel like he’s going to pull the rug right out from under me. When you get your self confidence back, you realise just how strong you are and how pathetic he is❤️ You’re doing great x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content