foggyhere
Participant

Hi Moon

It completely resonates with me you statement about wanting it to work out and have the family unit you always dreamed of. It sounds as though you’ve invested a lot of energy into that dream, and I know it’s hard to let go. Remember, it wasn’t you that caused that unit to not work, it was him and the terrible choices he made in how to behave towards you. What he did to you was horrendous and in no way acceptable under any circumstances. The others are right – you cannot go back and be able to trust him to change his dreadful behaviour.

You have been incredibly brave to leave, and you have set a brilliant example of strength and courage to your daughter. Yes, there is a long road now to recovery and rebuilding your life, but you have started it now, and it is something you will need to go through to be safe, so now is the time to do it. It is the start of a new chapter, and if I was a betting woman I’d bet that when you look back on this time and see that your worst day after you left him was better than your best day of being with him since the abuse started.

Take care, you are an amazing woman to do what you gave done

X*x

Β© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions β”‚ Privacy & cookie policy β”‚ Site map β”‚ Protect yourself onlineβ”‚ MediaΒ β”‚Β Jobs β”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content