Confused123
Participant

HI Hun

Read your post and could of written that myself, these men r just so sick and just think of there own selfish needs, well done for getting out, it doesnt matter how long it took u to leave , u left in end, the mental impact of abuse is shocking and how we react, i ask myself what took me so long, the fear they inbed in us is horrible how do u explain to people by time u pick phone up and ask for help u will be dead, how do u explain to people even when they r at work u r so scared to take any action against them cause your so busy surviving and coming to terms with what the f*** is happening. Part of recovery is talking about it to the right people, talk to us , talk to counsellor, pat yourself everyday for getting out, my attidue is i dont care if others dont understand , it did happen and peopel have to learn to deal with it, it truly is painful to read back on what we experienced, i too ask myself how did i survuive it, then i take a deep breath and think i got out the most importnat thing

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content