Tinydancer80
Participant

To begin with you don’t have to divulge any information that you are not comfortable with. You can tell him things didn’t work out between you and your husband. Don’t tell him anything that makes you feel uncomfortable and don’t say anything that will make you vulnerable.
He should show you enough respect to not force the subject if you don’t want to discuss it straight away. You could always just say it’s complicated and then change the subject.
If however he makes you feel like you want to talk about it with him the do that. Sometimes it’s good to get it off your chest to a stranger. Either way the decision is about what ever you feel comfortable with.
Personally I have never hidden my experience. I don’t feel that I should be ashamed of it and I’ve always found it gives me a good idea about what kind of person I’m on a date with by the response I get.
Good luck with your date, enjoy it. Xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content