Confused123
Participant

Hi hun

living with an acholic is so hard, ive been there too when u think just for bit of peace u end up buying the drink for them, snap your cards if u have too or give to someone else for safekeeping, i had to do this in end otherwise they wear u down for any cash or cards, even cash make sure u have none on u or dont let him know where u keep it. Be strong hun u can do this , is the house on your name if so should make it slighly easier , tellhim its over and u want him out of house by eve or police will be called, if u not feeling that brave when he goes out change locks and dont let him in , tell him he things r packed and leave outside , feeling low speak to a support worker, we will try support u as much as we can, tell your mum dont feel ashamed, yes she will be cross at first why did u take him back but she will support u when she calms down . Hardest bit is when they say they love us and will change, truth is hun they dont, we so desperately want them to but they dont. my ex did loads of detox and even went rehab , i think (detail removed by Moderator) month is there maximum limit b4 they back on game cause they dont want it as long term goal, they too happy living of us, once u out again u can spend that money on yourself, u can do this hun u just need the support and encouragement, his mum can take him back in if she so concerned her son is drinking again, these ex families r so quick to blame it all on us,

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content