Confused123
Participant

Hi Hun

I think when we leave we cant beleive how much we were controlled and to do just nothing sometimes actually feels nice, isnt it lovely waking up when we want to, sleep when we want to , eat when we want, wear what we want, its sign of peace and it feels brill, u not bad mum for not checking if your son has clean jeans, like u said your kids r teen, the best thing about being away from abusers is having the mental peace that they snatched, enjoy your peace and freedom sounds like u and kids r all so much happier , as for your periods i think our body is just over emotional when we on, my body actually is adapting now i am away from him, i found when i was on period whilst living with ex i had to be on extra guard to control myself as he would use it as an excuse to fight and blame on me cause i was on my period everything was even more my fault , i used to actually pretend i wasn’t on period just to prove point that i was fine when im on period it was him, even now i have left him i am actually so tearful when im due on as i dont have to control myself to pretend that it hits me more, but slowly even that i am getting better and not so tearful so again its our body adapting to being away from them

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content