mixed-up mum
Participant

Hi White Rose – thank you for reading my post and for taking the time to reply to me.

I would say this has been instigated by some members of his nasty family – he would not think this up on his own!!!
So they have said to him ” he is your son too, you have every right to be there too, you have as much right as she does to be there ”

Which is true enough – BUT he has left me with very little choice but go through with it, now at this late date – if he had said in advance “I want to be there too” then the school could have made other arrangements – but to say this almost 24hrs before the meeting then what else can I do….

The school know my situation, yes, but at this late date, they are limited as to what they can now do to help me.

I have emailed the school very late on last night before I went to bed – and his guidance teacher has just rung me back, and basically said their hands are tied – they can do nothing until HE actually rings up the school and REQUESTS appointments.

So they have basically said that it’s ME who has to tell him he can’t come with us – well the school cannot begin to understand how hard that would be for me to do that – they just DON’T know what it feels like to have lived with a controlling abusive man for half of my life – and old habbits die hard – I find it impossible to say no to him – thats how I spent half my life living in an abusive marriage….

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content