mixed-up mum
Participant

Hi Confused 123 – thank you for reading my post and for taking the time to reply.

He has NEVER shown any interest in their school lives – I went to all school meetings, parents nights and school concerts on my own – it was me who helped him with homework, me who filled in any forms, me who rang the school when there was any problems or worries – and now in my sons last few months of school he suddenly decides to step up and take an interest, and actually BE A DAD!!!!

Who knows what goes on in their minds – its taken him until now to want to be a part of our sons education!!!

I’m incredibly nervous at the thought of having to say to him he can’t come with us – but at the same time it would be incredibly uncomfortable having to walk around the school together ‘ like one big happy family’ when HE KNOWS that’s not true!!!

If my son actually WANTED his father to be there I could maybe put up with this situation, for the sake of my son – but he does not want his father to be there either – but it would not be right of me to ‘take the easy option’ and ask my son to tell his father we don’t want him there.

He would not believe my son anyway, and he would assume that it was ME who had made him say this – when in fact I did not – it was entirely his own choice.

If he had given me and the school some advanced warning that he wanted to be there, then other arrangements could have been put in place – but to ‘spring’ this on us at such a late date, leaves us with very little choice in the matter…

I know this is just all part of a big show to make him out to be such a good dad …..well its a bit late now for that!!!!

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content