Twisted Sister
Participant

you are so strong KIP in the face of their blame which can be so painful. Who got himself jailed for committing crimes against a woman? hmmm…

I get where you are coming from with the mixed feelings you have about acting in support of consequences for his actions, but I for one am really impressed that you are so strong to do this and not hide from it all. Its such a shame that having been so strong others would seek to undermine your decision, but what they see is so different to your experiences locked in an intimate relationship with him.

Some show others what they are like, some kind of see it but don’t really realise, and others seem to be able to present this whiter than white image of themselves and paint us as problematic, dramatic, disrespectful, etc.

There’s no set way, and often others will show loyalty to the abuser for many reasons of family bonds, and perhaps sometimes not wanting to see it for themselves, in denial.

i hope you are doing ok and feeling a bit better him getting consequences for his crimes.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content