I haven’t been in refuge, but I had legal aid through a solicitor. I had to fill in a means tested application form with her and provide evidence of criminal proceedings (so an email from the Police Officer to the solicitor giving my ex’s details, crime number and bail conditions).

Hope this helps.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content