White Rose
Participant

Thanks
Yes it is all about control.
I’ve got a cheap PAYGO phone for his texts – I look once a day to see if any messages then decide whether to open them. So far I’ve ignored them and that’s probably why I have so many emails.
I have arranged to automatically forward his emails onto an alternative email address where they go into a specific folder and the original gets deleted so they don’t bounce up in my face constantly. I can chose whether to open the forwarded ones at another time, and I can retrieve and reply from the original account as I refuse to let him know my main “social email address.” I can’t ask a friend to read as although they are supporting me the content of the messages is not something I want them to read.
I’m terrified to go back to police as I think he’ll just up the aggro as regards divorce and finances. My solicitor has said she is amazed I stuck him as long as she’s never come across anyone quite so cruel and so crazy. She’s spoken to his solicitor informally and has been told that the solicitor “simply writes what my client tells me to as I cannot get him to understand”, rumour has it he may lose his solicitor soon as a result of inappropriate actions – not quite sure what that is!
I’ve already had to give up so much and am contemplating simply forgetting the rest, let him have the lot, so I can move forward. He’ll be so well off which is all he ever wanted and I think saw me as his ticket to this. I’ll be working till I’m 75 but at least I’ll be free of him. He’ll just be a miserable, sad, lonely old man whose family want nothing to do with him. I hope he’s made a funeral plan as if he hasn’t none of us are paying!
I’m really worried about the impact on our daughter. She has a really serious medical problem requiring regular hospital treatment, as well as past significant mental health problems. She’s cried a lot over the last 2 weeks, is having nightmares, says she feels in limbo, wants us to get a house of our own and get out of rented accommodation, she’s strictly no contact with him, through her choice, but he still tries to contact her periodically. She’s old enough to choose and I respect her choice, he doesn’t!
I really thought things would have been better this number of months on but they actually feel worse.
How long is it till 2017?

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content