Serenity
Participant

Hi Martha Moo,

Hearing about reunions/ events like that will trigger you.

All we can do when we are triggered is take special care of ourselves and push through it. Take extra care of yourself ; engage in some pampering.

If you think about it, he probably wanted you to know about it, knowing it would hurt you. He wanted you to feel hurt and left out.

But in reality, what is the situation? The kids weren’t in touch with him for years. They were probably happy to forge some kind of bond after all that time. It is probably difficult to break it off in any way now, or go against him by contacting you, as the relationship is probably quite fragile under it all. I sure the kids have questions about the past which he isn’t filling in.

They can sit down and eat dinner together and chat, but does that automatically mean they 100% trust him and think badly of you?

(I get on very well with my step mother. Sometimes, I am sad at how my dad treats her. She treats her in a similar way that he treated my mum. I would so miss her if they spilt up.)

Things aren’t always as they appear. And I am sure he is hyping the whole thing up to hurt you.

Xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content