Twisted Sister
Participant

HelloDoglover99

I am so sorry to hear the difficult and distressing time you are having with your son. You want so much better for him, and when you do go you can treat it as a fresh start. Being away and getting support will bring change and i hope this will happen for you soon. Its impossible, i found, to have any boundaries when in the abuse, all respect is eroded and the energy to do positive things with your life is so drained and seems pointless. Over time and being away from it brings change. Keep talking to him, do things together to make him feel valued, read together, watch movies that raise questions that you can talk about together, that show different ways of life, and how lives change.. inspirational movies. He’s losing faith in himself and his abilities to carve out a life for himself and needs something more inspiring that unemployment and drugs

What help are you getting with your plans for getting away?

warmest wishes KS X*X

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content