mixed-up mum
Participant

Here’s me up half the night again – can’t sleep – too much going on in my mind – I am tired but just can’t switch off….

Parents Night was not good – don’t think he is going to be sitting any exams – he does have Dyslexia, which does not help things – but he is just ‘cruising’ – doing as little as he possibly can – to JUST get by.
His report was issued weeks ago, and he hid it from me – with Christmas, and then my dad passed away, it totally went out of my head – until this week and I said to him about it and he did eventually produce it – I had no idea things were so bad until I saw it – I wish the school had raised the matter with me long before now. I just don’t think we can rescue anything now at this late date…
I didn’t really understand the new system (detail removed by moderator) Oh dear its not looking good for his future.
He wants to leave school now and I think the school are doing nothing to encourage him to work harder and stay on…..but at the end of the day it’s HIS decision – I can try and the school can try – but unless HE is willing to put in the work, then no one can make him…..

What he lacks is a good male role model in his life……..his father is no example,he left school ar 16 with no qualifications to his name, I have no brother, and his father’s family are all 100s of miles away (but I wouldn’t ask them anyway – they are not a good influenced!!) I have no male friends – so what he lacks is someone to ‘take him under their wing’ and just give him some moral guidance – show him the right path in life – I obviously can’t rely on his father for that……

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content