Main Moderator

Hi Confused,

I think if your solicitor is advising you not to have any contact with your ex then it may hurt your case if you do. If you wish to discuss details about your son is there any way you could use another family member as a mediator or ask your solicitor if it would be appropriate for you to perhaps email? Is it at all possible that he has told your son that you need to talk to him? It would be very typical of an abuser to be manipulating your son to try to get you to contact him.

Get plenty of support from your local Women’s Aid group and look after yourself. If you do not wish to be in touch with him then that is your choice.

Best wishes,


© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content