mixed-up mum
Participant

Hi Lisa and thank you – I’m not in a good way at the moment, I’m not in a good way at the moment, just run down through lack of sleep. Just feeling miserable, weepy, struggling to keep going – getting by on bout 2hrs sleep a night (and the odd 40 winks of an evening) just feeling so tence, stressed and anxious all the time.

It’s not that I’m newly out of my marriage and that’s what’s wrong I should be over it all by now and coping OK. I’ve had a bit of stress this week with him, but that crisis is over now and its OK again.

I have just lost my dad, had the funeral 9 days ago, but we were estranged for many years, and not especially close. So I don’t think it’s that, but I’m just not able to sleep and I feel that is affecting my overall mood too.

I was so desperate in the night last night wanted to speak to someone, wanted help – but I could not find a number locally for mental health.

I don’t really want medication, but if I have to for a short while then I just have to and that’s that.

I have just tried for an appointment with my GP, the one that knows me best and the one that I feel I can talk to can’t take me until Wednesday, and that’s the day I have another funeral to go to, my great aunt passed away yesterday, and I was very fond of her.

So then the next available appointment with her is a week on Monday, and that’s a while to wait when I’m feeling this way……..

I have had no support from my local Women’s Aid for a year and a half, my support worker left and then somehow I ‘got left behind’ fell off of the radar so to speak – I did email asking for help about a year ago, but got no reply.

I was never offered any counselling, but to be honest I felt I didn’t need it and I was OK, but now I feel terrible, I’ve never not been able to sleep before.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content