Eve1
Participant

Hi Mixed up Mum, I really feel for you. But you know what you would probably say to someone else in your situation, there’s no time limit on this recovery we’re going through. I’m more years out than you (won’t say how many for privacy), and I’m still beating myself up about not being financially stable. Can you bear to see a different GP to see someone sooner? Can’t remember if you’re taking anti-depressants or not, but one of the good things I found about them was that they helped me with sleep. And I had 6 weeks of NHS counselling free, 18 months after leaving ex, which was a good start. Can you investigate that wih GP?

A bereavement must be a difficult thing to go through, no matter what else is going on, so don’t be hard on yourself.If there’s one thing that makes sense to me it’s that there’s no ‘shoulds’ about when we’ll be ok. Hope you can start to get rested soon.

Lots of love
Eve
x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content