Confused123
Participant

Leaving an abuser is never easy and till u experience abuse u never realize the extent of abuse and his it traumatise u , like most of us u prob block most of it and went into denial , I think that was really kind of u to find him a home after he went ill. To get closure we have to understand what happened and how , I personally am having counselling to understand how I let it happen. Am one years out and at still get days where I cry to my counsellor about how stupid I feel for taking it so long , I cry for how did i survive abuse cause reality is these men could of killed us , it’s a unthinkable fear which is really bad , so I have to talk and talk about abuse I experience, yes it hurts but I have to understand myself why do I see abuse as bad but not that bad cause it happened to me, am trying to understand why to cope and survive did I see the only option as cutting my feelings of not to feel. So yeah to get closure I need to face what really did happen and for me I need counselling to find answers, need to go on freedom course which always seem to
Have waiting list , it’s good u found u was able to trust and re marry , I am away from abuser but feel so vunerable around guys

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content