Alone
Participant

Hi and thanks for responding.

I don’t currently have a GP, I left the one I was with after they refused to believed I was being both abused at home and bullied at work and talked down to me. I haven’t registered for a new one. I know there is more than one GP in a surgery, and that they won’t all have the same view, but I can’t face going back there. I couldn’t get a support worker, I tried last year, I called the organisation that WA referred me to, but their information was incorrect and that wasn’t the correct organisation for my area. I got put through to various organisations and eventually got one that does work for my area, but they are a very small organisation with only two employees, so they don’t offer individual support workers, or outreach support. I cannot afford travel costs and they only help with specific queries, such as help with housing forms, or questions etc. It was seen that I cope with practical things well enough on my own, and that their time would be better used for others.

I honestly don’t feel like I will get through this, I don’t even know that I want to anymore. I’m looking around at the material things I have gained, and I want to scream because I don’t want them. I would have never fought for a ‘better’ life if I knew it would mean being discarded and cut off by every single person I ever cared about! I find myself sitting in my room wondering why I did this to myself. I can’t even contact anyone to ask how they are, or how something I knew they had coming up went, because I am totally cut off. It hurts like crazy. I put myself through all of this because I had such great people in my life and I wanted to fully escape abuse so I could continue on the path my life was on, but I ended up losing everything that gave my life meaning!

Sorry to be so moany, it’s just how I really feel :'(

xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content