Twisted Sister

hello myfairyqueen and i’m sorry to hear your experience, but very pleased to hear you have made the break from it – but in doing so made yourself homeless 🙁 I know its possible to get occupation orders for exactly this reason, but i really don’t know how easy or how realistic (because court /outcomes all dependent upon day and judge, court, area and your own evidence/support).

His children do not have to come to your home, they can be out to meet, and presumably can stay in their own home while he visits, or that of another relative/friend of his or theirs, he does not have to occupy your house for that reason and i’m not sure whether you might be risking your claim to the property by not paying the mortgage any more? that would put you into arrears, as you say he cannot afford to takeit on himself (do you mean to realise the equity in it to pay to you? or just the mortgage as it is?), do not trust him, he may be busily losing the house for you both. I would speak to the building society yourself. make an appt with a manager and take your payments with you and explain how you have become homeless and that he can’t afford to buy you out and that you have concerns over him managing the payments as you cannot trust him, and you really can’t. Can you take it on yourself and buy him out?

CAB have drop-in clinics to get some advice, and you can often get a free session with a solicitor for such circumstances, but also many solicitors will give you this anyway.

I really hope you can have some answers very soon and settle some of the concerns quickly. warmest wishes KS x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content