Eve1
Participant

Hi Mixed up Mum,

It is hard talking to a gp it’s true, especially if you haven’t really talked about your marriage to them befobefore. Have you got an appointment to see the one you got on best with? If not, can you di that even if it’s a few days away? It gives you a point to focus on to start heeling yourself. And when you see them, don’t be afraid to cry out to sound unsure of yourself as you explain what’s wrong. If they are any good at all they should be able to at least listen and understand and suggest some help. We are so busy being Mums, but I found it easier to get help from Gps and counselling when I realised that helping myself was essential to carry on helping the children.
I or what you mean about not rushing to the docs to fix things, but you are doing the fixing by asking for help, not then.
Keep posting.
Good luck and hugs
Eve
x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content