A SENCo is a Special Needs coordinator and the person responsible in a school for any pupil with a learning need. They HAVE to come up with strategies to support your child with learning. I would phone and have a face to face meeting about your concerns. Write down all the things you want to discuss first so you remember everything. If your son has been screened as dyslexic then they should be able to help with exam dispensation. They should also be aware that your son has suffered/witnessed abuse as this affects emotional ability to learn.

I hope this helps.

Good luck x x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content