martian29
Participant

Hi moon,

These men cannot be trusted. I wouldn’t believe for a minute that you would be safe moving back home without orders in place. Most likely he will be MR Nice Guy for a while making you and your daughter feel safe and keeping his distance. As soon as your guard slips, he will be finding excuses to get back into your family home, slowly inching his way back into your life. His abuse will then become worse than ever as you finally had the courage to stand up to him and leave. Is that what you want for your daughter? You could lose her if the SS are involved.

I am sure most of us on here know exactly how you are feeling right now so soon out, lost, depressed, insecure, feeling like the bottom has fallen out of your world. It feels like the only thing that can make you feel better is to return to what you know, even if it was really bad. Don’t feel bad for breaking no contact or being tempted to go back home, it’s perfectly normal, lot’s of have been there time and time again.

Could you not see your GP and take some time off work with stress? I took three months off when I left my abuser. You are dealing with enough right now to have to worry about getting to your job and your daughter probably needs you more than ever.

Hugs and best wishes XX

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content