Lisa
Main Moderator

Hi Appin7, I understand the desire you have to help your husband to understand what is happening but unfortunately counselling won’t work on abusers because as they have to be open to the fact that they are abusive first. A real marriage counsellor wont even see a couple together where there is domestic abuse because it is a not a joint problem but a problem with the abuser. If your husband can not even see that he is the one in the wrong and causing the damage then I’m afraid that you need to think about yourself and your families best interests.

I agree with White Rose about the helpline. I know it can be difficult to call when your family are around but perhaps you could find time before or after work? Or maybe during your lunch break. I really think it would help you to speak directly to someone who understands. It also could help to get everything straight in your head.

It’s really great that you have found this forum. Any questions or anything that you are feeling you can share on here. We understand and won’t judge you.

Best wishes

Lisa

Forum Moderator

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content