Daisy
Participant

Moon,
firstly, well done, despite how horrendous this situation has been for you, you are doing admirably,
X x x
Such a shame pressure from your employer is looking to undo the great steps you have taken to keep you and your little one together and safe.
When you say they are unsupportive, can I ask are they aware of the whole situation you are in?
Of course I know that it’s not easy to talk about what we are going through, especially when we are in such inner turmoil about it ourselves in the early days but there is a big difference between them not understanding because they aren’t fully aware, or not supporting when they are,
Sadly we hear of both on here.
How much or little you feel you want your employer to know is entirely up to you but before returning, especially at such a crucial point please hang in there and go through some options:
Is your employer a big organisation?
Don’t answer here as it gives things away but Just consider it as the bigger the employer and depending in what field there may be policies held regarding d.v that they have to abide by. This needs to be checked out and if you need support the refuge staff should be able to help and guide you, maybe even liase with your employer on your behalf.
My personal feelings here is that you are safer and in a much stronger position being where you are until after the planning meeting.
You had concerns each meeting about probable backlash from him and by getting you and your daughter safe as you have , you have jumped before you were pushed by child services,the positive action you took would be wiped out by returning to potential danger.
Have you spoken to child services- can they not offer advice or liase with your employer?
Or as others have mentioned if you registered with the GP local to refuge, I can’t see why they wouldn’t support you In What you are doing, acknowledge all you are facing and the effects this whole thing is having on you and sign you unfit for work currently, and your employer will just have to accept that, after all it has only been a few weeks, it’s still early days and it happens in life. They will just have to manage without you for longer, as your priority is to you and your daughter’s safety.
Have faith, something will be worked out, one way or another and returning home to where promises mean nothing and come alongside blame still being placed on you for leaving rather than him even slightly starting to accept his part in why you left rings big alarm bells still for your safety,
Your time away isn’t a waste moon, you got safe, now we need to keep chipping away at finding a way round the hurdles in the way of staying safe.
X x x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content