mixed-up mum
Participant

I am SO PLEASED that you have almost got the flat you wanted – fresh start – new home – new life!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

I don’t have a DV support worker, or indeed any support, other than from you lovely ladies on here.

This is the trouble, I’m awake, and up and its almost 3-30am, this is my lonely time, I sit her thinking, and just want a cuddle,and to be told its all going to be OK, I want to snuggle up next to someone, and feel loved and protected, but who is here to listen and reassure me at 3-30am……..

Is Pat Cravens book a big one – I have never read a book in 30 years, and it would be a bit daunting, if its huge?? Would it be hard to understand, for a person as uneducated as me??

I’m just so,so very quiet, and won’t open my mouth in a group, I just always feel what I have to say is of so little importance and so insignificant that no one would want to listen to what I would have to say. I have always felt that, even in my school days, way before I met my abuser.

I have never been to my GP since leaving my ex and so she does not know my history, I don’t know if she would automatically refer me for counselling, or would I have to ask??

Good luck with the packing I’m so excited for you – its a brilliant feeling to finally have your own place, your new home, a place to be safe in, and a place to make lots of happy memories in.

Happy for you 🙂 x*x 🙂

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content