Doglover99
Participant

Hi again mixed-up-mum, Reading your post, you sound like you have lost all your self confidence and self esteem. Maybe you should be brave and go to your GP, tell her what’s been going on and how you are feeling. Counselling might well be good for you and bring you some confidence back. It certainly helps to talk to people. I don’t know what I would have done without my support worker. I’ve been meeting up with her for most of last year every few weeks and she’s been helping me with housing and general advice and she’s just been a massive support. I don’t have any family nearby, in fact my family don’t know about any of this so it will come as a big shock to them when I tell them. So my support worker has been the only real support for me.

The book is only small, more like a booklet and it’s very easy to read. I’m sure you would be able to manage it just fine. I got it through Amazon because the local book shops don’t seem to have anything related to domestic violence on their shelves. You could try your local library as well, they might be able to order it in for you if they don’t have it.

I hope you managed to get some sleep in the end. Sending you big hugs. xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content