mixed-up mum
Participant

Oh dear you are having such a hard time – teenagers are hard to handle – there are no easy answers – you kind just have to ‘ride the storms’ – and hope they grow up and grow out of it and ‘see the error of their ways’ – as their mother you know they are making mistakes, but they can’t see it at the time, it’s only when they are older they will wish they had done things differently, but the age the are at now you just can’t tell them anything – they think they know best…….

Trying to get them to do as you ask at this age is so hard, they have a mind of their own, and only do things as and when THEY want to.

I know if I was in your position I would be at my witts end as to know what to do for the best, you love them and want to stand by them, but at the same time when they have done something wrong their has to be consequences for their actions. They have got to learn they can’t go about doing whatever they like.

The top and the bottom of it is you can guide them as best you can, but at the end of the day they are responsible for their own actions.

Sorry I wish I was better with advice, but I’m useless – I can’t even sort out my own troubles – so I’m not much help to others – but I’m here to listen and to sympathise with you.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content