Eve1
Participant

Hi Mixed up Mum

I just typed a long reply to you on my phone and then with one swipe list it!!!! Aaagh!
Anyway basically I said I don’t think we really need to feel guilty for not being able to give advice, we’re caring people which makes us feel we should. But you reply quite often to posts and you tell your story which means people can identify with you. You understand, even if you feel you can’t advise. I’m often not comfortable putting myself forward to give advise, I always Ferrell that someone knows better, especially when things are difficult for me.
For me, the boss gave me one weeks notice today when I rang in sick again! Before I had chance to make that move myself! It’s OK, as I don’t have to work it. She told me she couldn’t run a business with this unreliability! She said I didn’t have to work the weak, to let her know, and when I rang back to day I wasn’t working it, I said I’m sorry it didn’t work out, best of luck, and she said me too, take care. Somehow that made me feel a bit better. I isn’t want her to be angry with me, old habits! I feel really shattered now, I think it’s a bit of s shock still. I emailed a friend about it, don’t know why cos she can be a but unsympathetic, but she said at least no one can day you packed it in. I’m going to try to do some things to make me feel healthier and certainly sleep, so I’m ready to job hunt again. Fighting off the feeling that I’m useless and no one wants me. I think the hard thing about working can be the social side.
It’s a shame my daughter’s at her Dad’s this weekend, cos that means I’ll be on my own a bit, unless I take a day to go and see Mum, though that downy always make me feel great, as I’ve said.
But really, I’m very glad for your presence on here. You make me feel remembered about and sometimes that’s a huge help.
How’s your sleeping? Hope things are ok for you
Eve
x*x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content