mixed-up mum
Participant

Hi Eve – thank you for taking the time to reply – as always lovely to hear from you.

I do feel so guilty that I can’t offer the ladies on here good constructive advice. I can try and understand, and I can sympathise, but that’s all I seem to be able to do – and I wish I could do more. ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™

Oh how true you are – I feel EXACTLY the same as you – you took the words right out of my mouth!!!!
I too don’t feel comfortable giving advice – and also always feel others will know better what to say/do.
It’s especially hard too when we also are going through a hard time – I often don’t feel well enough equipped to deal with others troubles, while struggling with my own……

Oh well in a sense it’s worked out for you too, you didn’t have to quit the job after all, she ‘let you go’ – and she was ‘reasonably ‘nice’ in the end!!!!

Good for you for trying to keep upbeat and positive about the situation – and trying to fend off those ‘unhelpful’ feelings that can creep in.

Try and do something nice that you enjoy today – spoil yourself a bit – or see if you can get a friend/friends over – just so you are not alone – I know how hard it is when you are on your own, and your friends are all in relationships and have families and things to do at weekends – you don’t like to keep asking them for company when they are busy, but it would be so nice to have a laugh and a chat and relax with friends.

Or you could go and see your mam indeed (can you get there and back in a day??) I know its hard for you to go there and see how things are – but would it be possible to have some time on your own with your mam – a run out in the car, a short walk, a cuppa in a cafe – anything just to have some alone time with her.

If all else fails – DONT BE ALONE – we are always here for you – you know that. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope to hear soon how you are doing today.

Love Mixed-up Mum x*x

ยฉ 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England โ€“ Womenโ€™s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Womenโ€™s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions โ”‚ Privacy & cookie policy โ”‚ Site map โ”‚ Protect yourself onlineโ”‚ Mediaย โ”‚ย Jobs โ”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content