mixed-up mum
Participant

Hi Eve – had a big message typed up to you – it wouldn’t send – and I lost it all – Grrrrr!!!

I only saw this post after I sent you my last reply, sorry you are not having a good day – you see this is where I struggle – I WANT to help you – but don’t know what to say…..

I have my head in the sand re money and my financial situation at the moment.
Things are not good – I’m just getting by – but before he passed away my Dad gave me some money – not much – but just enough to help me out and get me through this ‘sticky patch’.
I did intend to buy some things I needed for the house, but it had all gone towards paying bills, and buying food.
So I have nothing to ‘show’ for the money – but it kept my head above the water, at a time when I needed it most – things have a way of working out for the best.
I did not ask my Dad for money, he had no idea things were so bad – and he had never before in the 35 years since him and me mam separated given me money – he never even remembered my birthday – but all of a sudden when I really needed it – the money was there!!!!

Me mam and me sister have helped me out too – paying bills for me – I never ask for help – but me mam and sister know my ‘business’ is struggling – and wanted to help. I don’t like to be a ‘charity case’ but there are times you have to swallow your pride and graciously accept help from people.

I’m sure you are like me and won’t ASK for help – but are your mam and dad in a position to help you out a little??

I have been up since 5-15 and on here messaging people, trying to help folk a bit.

I know Im not much help – but its just nice to get a reply and to know there is someone out there who cares.

If you are feeling really bad today sometimes it is good for you just to sleep, rest, relax and recover.

I’m here if you want to talk – don’t be alone.

Love Mixed-up Mum x*x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content