Falling Skys
Participant

Hi Eve xx

I hope you were able to get some sleep.

I think that your parents like mine were of a different generation and things have changed so much. My Dad cause a stir when I was born as he would take me out in the pram on his own. but in other ways he was very dominate.

Because of the situation I’m in I spend a lot of time with my Mum and I can see she lacks confidence and belief in herself. She also says “anything for a quite life” a lot. I also have found out that my Grandparents had a volatile relationship. I knew my Grandmother ran off and it caused an awful stir in the village, people would wall the other side of the street than speak to my mother. This cause me to stay in my relationship because I didn’t want to hurt my Mum. Now I’m out I find out my Mum is relieved I’m out of it.

Coping take bit size pieces than looking for the end results, start with getting though a day. At one time I could settle long enough to watch an advert, I would have three things going at the same time flitting from one to the other. Sleep was cat napping as my head was racing. On a positive I can deep clean the house at speed ;).

I seemed as time went on I slowed down, I have started a tin of positives I try and write something good that happened during the day, it can be anything from seeing the sunrise, a friend or a work out. Its to make me focus on the good things not the bad. Sleep still not good, two hours at most then off and on for the rest of the night. I was keeping going on coke a cola and sweets, but I have taken them out of my diet and it does seem to be improving.

I hope my rambles help you a bit.

FS xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content