Ayanna
Participant

Hi, I am new. I fled domestic abuse not that long ago. I tried to get out for a while but I did not receive the help that I needed and had to stay and wait for the right moment, that was when I was almost killed.
After fleeing I was all alone. I had no help. I begged for help. But I was refused help. So, I went through everything all alone. It was hell. I was almost homeless and got persecuted badly. I did the Freedom Programme during this time and this made me understand a lot. I never had time to grieve. I was utterly stressed out for a very long time. I was dragged through the courts and retraumatised excessively for a very long time. I did not die. My health is compromised though as a result of the institutionalised abuse. I am not allowed to have counselling. The NHS in my area does not support women who fled domestic abuse and have no kids. I have no kids because I suffer from a lifelong chronic illness. I am disabled, but the NHS refuses to help me with my disability. I am all by myself and I do everything alone. There is no help for women like me. I am an outcast.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content