Marthamoo
Participant

Hi bunsandcakes. Emotional abuse is so so hard to spot. It can be so subtle and it sneaks up on you out of no where. Your partner sounds like mine, and like so many others on here. One thing that struck me about your post was the fact that your partner doesn’t have his family close by and that he has chosen to distance himself from his friends. My husband is very similar to that. He has family close but doesn’t bother with them. He has slowly let his friends slip away, although some have said they have walked away due to his attitude an opinionated ways. Like you, me and my children are his sole source of company and entertainment. It is so very very draining and I think it puts us even more in the spotlight than most. It also makes it very difficult for us to spend anytime away from home, or even spend quality time with our children because he thinks all our attention should be focused on him and his needs.

You will ‘leave’ if and when you are ready but in the mean time keep building on the confidence and empowerment you have found this week. By doing so will make your life brighter while you decide what you want to do xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content