Marthamoo
Participant

Hi What you have been through sounds like absolute hell and there is no wonder you are left feeling numb. I don’t want to speak out of turn but have you thought that you may be suffering form a bit of post natal depression. Can you talk to your health visitor about how you are feeling. It is totally normal for women with depression to feel numb towards their babies. It isn’t you and it doesn’t mean you don’t love your baby. You just need a little help to find the light again. I suffered from post natal depression but mine came much later. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Your little girl needs you, not her abusive father. You are the most important person in her life and don’t let your partner tell you otherwise. You are brave women and a fantastic mum. Reach out for support from healthcare professionals. They won’t judge you. They are there to help. Big hugs x*x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content