Ayanna
Participant

Nor82 I was in a similar situation. The police called me and said they come with him so that he can take things from the marital home. I was deeply traumatised at that time. I said that they needed to protect me, then he could pick up his things. We arranged a time and the police came with him. I had packed my most valuable things/ documents in a small bag so that he could not steal them and took them with me when the police told me to leave the flat and sit in the police car whilst he removed his things from the marital home.
Now I would react differently. I would not let this happen. I would say that they need to give me a list of things that he wants to have and I put them outside for him to collect. I would not allow him inside the home. And whomever he brings with him, I would never allow that person to enter the marital home.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content