martian29
Participant

Hard as it is to face, this is what they do. When we are struggling alone, longing for support with our children, they use it against us when they offer their support.

If your ex is anything like mine, he will act concerned about your child and offer to go along and support you with whoever is involved in dealing with your child. He will put on an excellent show of ‘The Good Father’, worthy of an Oscar award, while making you come across as a weak, neglectful parent. He will then use your child’s problems as an excuse to criticize your parenting skills and gain an army of allies to believe his sick mind games.

I really believe that the only way forward is to cut these men out of our life. They only care about their own needs, how they appear to others and trying to destroy us. They don’t truly care about their children and don’t deserve the title of Father. My ex never gives up via his contact with our children, trying to destroy me but they are old enough now to see through him and have chosen to cut him out of their lives. It seems like your daughter has seen through him now and she is on your side.

Don’t feel like an idiot, you just wanted him to care about your daughter, you just wanted some support , it is only what any of us want. You are right, they never change so we have to come to the realisation that our children are much better off without them.

Sending you hugs XX

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content