Ellen b
Participant

moon
sounds like u are the right person to offer advice we can roller coster together, just to know I’m not alone or going mad is a great help
xx

Ayanna
sounds like its something I should try I just have been hiding this for so long it scares me to think about telling people but as you say they have been there they will not judge me for staying so long.

people know he attacked me and was arrested etc it made the local papers so no keeping that quiet but they don’t know the back story of years of abuse the lies, and I have lied said it was the 1st time he has hit me down played it because I’m ashamed embarrassed how could I not know how bad it had really got I really didn’t have clue how bad he was treating me I even considered not pressing charges after the attack, was it really so bad ??this was when I was sat in a police station covered in bruises, with no shoes on because that’s how I managed to get out of the house, he had even dragged me out of the phone box while I was on the phone to the police he tried to drag me home so I could tell them everything was ok when the police got there .. it was the police woman who picked me up in the street who finally got me to see what was happening and that something needed to be done…but still I worry if things hadnt been taken out of my hands where I would be ?? still with him beliving his lies?? ..he was arrested and bailed to a differt address part of his bail conditions where that he couldn’t come home or contact me in any way ..his suspended jail sentence also came with 2 years restraining order again he is not allowed anywhere near me or contact me in any way so in a way it was made easy for me I didn’t have to listen to the sorrys, the its your fault, you made me, how will you cope with out me, how will I cope without you, what about the kids and with my friends support I finaly saw what he was

sorry for my rambling like I said its all coming bubbling out
xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content