mixed-up mum
Participant

Hi Buns&Cakes – yes I have to agree with the others – they don’t change – when I was with him we too had ‘the big talk’ on many occasions – and oh yes he would try harder – he would change – well that never happened……

Mine was a loner too – his family are spread all over & 100s of miles away – as for friends he has none – hes not a likable character, so full of ‘attitude’ and the ‘I’m always right, know it all’ way that he talks to folks. He is quite unpopular at his work, so has no ‘workmates’, which meant that every evening and every weekend he was with us all the time, he had no intrests outside the home.
As Marthamoo says, mine too liked all the attention to be on him and begrudged me spending time with the kids, made me feel guilty- like my sole role in life was to see to all of his wants and needs.

You have proved that you are capable of looking after the kids on your own, you know yourself that it has not been easy with them so ill – but YOU DID IT – YOU COPED!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

I’d be this first to admit that it’s not easy and it will be a rollercoaster ride – with lots of ups and downs – but YOU CAN DO IT – and the feeling of FREEDOM is SO worth it!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

You will know in your heart when enough is enough and its time to call it a day – but there is only so many times you can ‘try again’ before you just know he is never going to change….

It’s good have told you family and a few good friends and you know you have their support – its good to have your family behind you and know they are there for you.

Good luck – let us know how you are doing. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best wishes M.U.M. x*x

ยฉ 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England โ€“ Womenโ€™s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Womenโ€™s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions โ”‚ Privacy & cookie policy โ”‚ Site map โ”‚ Protect yourself onlineโ”‚ Mediaย โ”‚ย Jobs โ”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content