foggyhere
Participant

Hi Confused

I have so much admiration for you. What you have been through makes my jaw drop. I’m not surprised you feel low in energy. I’ve been through such a tiny amount of abuse compared to yours, so I’m not surprised you feel this way.

I feel guilt – guilt I did something that made him behave as he did, guilt that I let it happen, guilt that my daughter doesn’t have her Dad living with her, guilt that…. and it goes on and on.

I have really s**t days where I spend most of my time in bed – as long as that’s not every day I let it go – I’m very tired, I don’t sleep well and the anxiety flashes are exhausting. I tell myself that I’ve built a blanket fort from which I will plan my attack for an awesome productive day tomorrow.

Be kind to yourself – you have faced something unimaginable and you are doing brilliantly.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content