Twisted Sister
Participant

hi Sally123, i was so sad to hear your reaction and think i understand how its made you feel back to square one and mad.

I would try to break with routine a bit tomorrow if i were you, just to get yourself back into work and have something ready to say to anyone who asks, what that could be is up to what you feel comfortable to say and you could say you really aren’t happy to talk about it, if thats what you want, or you might feel different in the morning and feel you do want to say something, like its because you were physically attacked yourself, but you don’t have to say details/who etc. I’m glad i haven’t seen it but also pleased i’ve heard about it. I think its a real shame it wasn’t in a situation you could easily just walk out of or have control in, like turning the tv channel over. you might’ve felt that you just had to sit and watch, which is traumatising. do everything you can to soothe yourself. thinking of youx

take someone with you for support Princess, protect yourself as much as you can, and write things down to keep yourself on track with the most important facts you need to state, avoid eye contact, or even better ask for additional measures to help you if you feel you need more support/distance from him. Get all the help you can to go through it, including WA locally, and/or any other supports like counsellors/mind/victim support. Anything you can to help you through. i wish you every strength for this.

warmest wishes ks xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content