White Rose
Participant

Yes it is completely normal and you are not going crazy!
We all get flash backs and it seems even those out for years can be triggered by events.
I wake up in a panic sometimes expecting him to be there by me and it took me ages to feel relaxed opening my own front door. If I smell his aftershave on someone I come out in a cold sweat!
I’d suggest you post again under a specific topic -( bad day may be best!) and maybe tell a bit more of your story if it helps to share. I think posts get seem better there than in this section and you will probably get more replies and more support.
Just make sure it’s anonymous and you don’t give any specifics that could identify you. It seems impossible to do this at first but it’s not. just make sure you read it before you click send.
It’s tough but remember youre not alone its not ypur fault and you are stronger and better than him xxxx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content