Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Pinkvelvet
      Participant

Hi all, recently I’ve been listening to my playlists on Spotify and found I was skipping a lot of songs just to get to the ones that I can relate to at the moment or ones which make me feel good. It got me thinking that maybe some of these songs would be useful to share – sometimes it’s the boost of confidence I need and certain music can put me in a stronger frame of mind.
      I know these won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I thought maybe listing some music here that I find helps me, could maybe help someone else or inspire them to make their own playlists 😊
      There’s a few different genres running through this list, but here’s what gives me a bit of encouragement:

Playlist

Mirror, Sigrid
      My House, PVRIS
      Midnight sky, Miley Cyrus
      Know your worth, Khalid
      Falling for boys, Julia Michaels
      I Am Not a Robot, Marina and the Diamonds
      No tears left to cry, Ariana Grande
      Ridin solo, Jason Derulo
      Be kind, Marshmello & Halsey
      Mistakes, Paloma Faith & Jonas Blue
      Rare, Selena Gomez
      Better off without you, Becky Hill
      Slide Away, Miley Cyrus
      Let Go, Frou Frou
      Spotlight, Jennifer Hudson
      Don’t Start Now, Dua Lipa
      Lose you to love me, Selena Gomez
      This is on you, Maisie Peters
      Good as Hell, Lizzo & Ariana Grande
      Gravity, John Mayer
      Carry Me Away, John Mayer
      Wish you well, Sigala, Becky Hill
      Silence Marshmello, Khalid
      Castles, Freya Riding
      Body Talk, Foxes
      Dreams, Fleetwood Mac
      When it Rains, Paramore
      Free Fallin, John Mayer
      Go your own way, Fleetwood Mac
      Irreplaceable, Beyoncé
      Bounce (feat Kelis) radio edit, Calvin Harris

I like to just go for a drive sometimes and put on my music and take that time for myself to just breathe.

Other things I find helps me sometimes:

– shopping on Facebook Marketplace and getting a buzz from the bargains! (Also a good distraction just browsing, even if there’s no intention of actually buying)… also on Etsy for the same purpose. Feels good supporting small businesses too.
      – doing arts and crafts, baking, painting, making something (recently made some bunting for my fireplace which made me feel good that I’d managed to complete something)
      – going for a countryside walk and just breathing in the cold air
      – Feel good TV. Particularly enjoying at the moment: Emily in Paris (Netflix), After Life (Netflix – although a bit sad also very good. Maybe not one to watch if struggling a lot), Place in the sun (because who doesn’t wish they were in the tropical summer heat right now)

Some TV programmes / Films that are based on DA:
      Maid (Netflix). Very good. Really helped me relate, but triggering as it’s about a woman escaping domestic abuse.
      Chocolat (on Netflix). My favourite film. Also contains DA but is a female empowerment sort of feeling film.

I know not all of these suggestions will be right for everyone, but if it helps at all bring a bit of joy / confidence / positivity to someone’s day then that’s enough.

Sometimes you really won’t feel like doing anything at all, and that’s really okay too… I have days where the thought of doing anything is just awful, but on days where I feel a bit more motivated, the above can push me to go a bit further and it boosts me.

Feel free to share what helps get you through below!

iliketea
      Participant

Great idea! Thanks for doing this. xx

Pinkvelvet
        Participant

Hi iliketea (great name), you’re very welcome! Been meaning to do this for a while so glad I’ve got round to it. Hope it helps in some way xx

nbumblebee
      Participant

Hold on by wilson phillips always gives me a positive buzz makes me feel like shoving two fingers up at my husband 🤣

Pinkvelvet
        Participant

That’s a good one! It really reminds me of the film Bridesmaids too 😂😂

Anonymous
      Inactive

Let it go James Bay I thought was good to listen to , pussyCat Dolls Hush Hush . Loving all your suggestions above going to try these thanks x*x

Bananaboat
      Participant

Emile sande’s I’d rather not – but slower than the others but helps whenever I think should I try again 🙂

Strongenough
      Participant

My motivational songs that are getting me ready for today are:

Christine Aguilera, Fighter.

Anastasia, Paid my Dues.

❤ this post @pinkvelvet its guided me to be more upbeat today x

Ariel
      Participant

Best post I’ve seen!
      I listen to Alive by Sia. That song used to make me grit my teeth to push through the hell. It worked and I’m so thankful for it.
      Also Flames by Sia. “One foot in front of the other baby, don’t stop moving” such a positive motivational song.
      Xxxx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content