Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      littledove
      Participant

Hey!

I saw this idea online and thought it be great to try on here with everyone!

So at the end of each day everyone can come on here and write 1 positive thing that happened in their day and 1 negative thing that happened in their day.

So for example, at the end of my day I would write:
      Positive – My daughter and I got to spend the whole day together, we laughed and giggled all day
      Negative – My ex tried to upset me today with a nasty text but I just ignored it and feel so much better for it!

Always thinking of the positives that happened in the day is a great way to be thankful of the day you’ve had. And the one negative thing makes everyone realise they aren’t alone and that we all have our ups and downs, and can offer our support for someone’s negative thing that happened, and if you can’t think of any negatives for that day, then great! 😁💓

I shall be posting later on with mine for the day 😌 please do feel free to join in ❤️

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

Great idea, I’ll try it out later on x

littledove
      Participant

Or if some people would just prefer to write a positive that be great too 😌 but if someone feels the need to let off steam…feel free!💗

It makes us realise there are always positives among the negatives ❤️

littledove
      Participant

Here’s mine:

Negative – I haven’t had the chance to get my housework done so it’s looking a tip just now, I need to get it done because it’s really depressing me when it’s looking like this!

Positive – I took my little girl to a relatives this afternoon and she got to play with the other little one’s. Was so lovely to see her around them, she was so happy and it felt so nice to get some peace too. Was great to just speak to other adults and made me realise how big an army we have behind us through anything ❤️

Lottieblue
      Participant

Positive: I found a way to express my fears to someone. Someone who I don’t know but who is a good listener.

Negative: I just can’t seem to find a way to get on top of those fears, to deal with the issues and start afresh.

X

littledove
        Participant

That’s great you have someone you can confide in and help you with your worries 💗

I find the book ‘How to Stop Worrying and Start Living’ by Dale Carnegie helped really well with my anxieties.

Also try mediation for 10 minutes every morning, it will make you feel so much calmer and able to keep track of your thoughts better. Also journaling helps get it all down too.
        💖

littledove
      Participant

Positive – Been so happy today, had my daughter a walk through the woods, felt so good to be surrounded by nature and watching her laughing and having so much fun has filled me with so much joy.
      Just been a wake up call today, have realised I am so truly blessed, my daughter just puts a smile on my face every day, my little rock💖

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

That’s lovely littledove, nature and children are a great mix and the best therapy. Really good to hear this xx

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

Negative: Have definitely overeaten junk food 🙁 and feel uncomfortable with it. Need to do something about that and change some longstanding bad habits.

Positive: I have nailed a DIY job today and worked well with my relative to get it done. All going to be lovely and organised. Rocking the DIY this week- go me!

xx

littledove
        Participant

I say eat whatever you want as long as you mix in some good food as well 😜 food just tastes too good!

Well done! I wish I had your motivation, my home is a bomb-site right now, need to get the house cleaned!!

And yes today was just wonderful, first time I’ve been in a great mood in so long! Hopefully things are changing for the better now! 🌈💗

Eggshells
      Participant

Negative: struggling to deal with my feelings

Positive: There’s a beautiful cat, curled up, sleeping peacefully on my lap.

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

Aww, pet therapy- also the best x

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

You’re doing great littledove x

littledove
        Participant

Means a lot Soulsearcher, just small steps at a time 😊x

littledove
      Participant

A little late tonight but:

Positive – had Sunday dinner with family and was lovely

Negative – My little girl drew all over my living room wall with dark crayon! Managed to get most of it out with baking soda!

Eggshells
      Participant

Negative: Really missing my sons.

Positive: spoke to one of them on Skype tonight. Very clandestine, had to be done whilst his Dad was out otherwise he would have been spied on but lovely to see him.

Eggshells
      Participant

Oh dear Littledove, I know I shouldn’t but that did make me chuckle. I remember drawing on my bedroom wall when I was little. Sooooo tempting! Perhaps pop over to the sisterhood sanctuary. She can draw on walls to her hearts content, it will magically be gone by morning – no baking soda required. 😉

littledove
        Participant

That’s a good idea, should let her run riot in the shed with the paints haha ☺️

Lottieblue
      Participant

For yesterday:

Negative: My husband did the most amazing gaslighting attempt on me – and is maintaining his stance this morning

Positive: I’m one step ahead. I know what he’s doing.

littledove
        Participant

That’s great that you know what he’s doing and aren’t letting him mess with your head, keep strong and big hugs to you x

Eggshells
      Participant

2 negatives today. My ex managed to use my son to get to me. My son recognised it but not until it was too late.

Argument with my sister. She has no idea how completely broken and fragile I am right now.

2 positives. My son has been as supportive as he can be.

I had a lovely chat with my nephew when I drove him to and from school. Really getting to know him better.

Lottieblue
      Participant

Positive: I’m still here

Negative: I’m still here

littledove
        Participant

I hope one day you only see that as a positive. You matter and you are enough ❤️

littledove
      Participant

Negative – Today I was the only one who never got invited out by a group of people I’m friends with, maybe because I’m a single mum they never thought to, but it made me feel unwanted, wasn’t a nice feeling. Maybe it was because in the past I always wasn’t able to because my ex said I couldn’t, maybe they just didn’t see the point in asking me, still hurt a lot 😔

Positive- My real group of closest friends planned something later on today for the weekend and invited me 💞

lover of no contact
      Participant

Loving this thread; thanks littledove.

Negative: Reacted to my adult daughter and we had a bit of a shouting match. Wish I hadn’t reacted so much.

Positive: I stood my ground with this daughter in that I had asked her for help in preparing her and her siblings dinner. Even though she gave me flak about it she helped. I’m glad I didn’t back down in order not to have a confrontation.

Eggshells
      Participant

Negative: just felt really low and scared all day. I’m really struggling to pick myself up.

Positive: Some people who I felt had previously let me down gave me a boost up to help me start my new life.

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

This is great littledove, if I’m not managing to get mine on here- I’m still reflecting at the end of the day.
      Those magic sponges are ace for crayon and many other things on the walls.
      Loved lottiblue’s post- it is awful being gaslighted but she was a step ahead as she could see it- knowledge is power!

Mine for …yesterday?!

Negative: Trying to accept it and roll with it but hate that our situation means that we are ‘special’ and under the spotlight so to speak. Wish we could just be free to move on and entirely free from him 🙁

Positive: Successfully sorted a fab bit of budget furniture for one of mine and have created a lovely space for them. With a struggle managed to get it in situ. Fits perfectly, looks good. They’re going to love putting stuff in it and organising it.

Hazydayz
      Participant

Today the sun is shining and I am feeling it! Some days I don’t.

Lottieblue
      Participant

Negative: I have sunk to an all-time low. I could have left. I allowed my abuser to tell me how unhappy he is with me being distant. I didn’t leave him

Positive: I know I can. There were reasons for yesterday not being the right time. The fact I am regretting it shows me it would have been the right thing to do. He needs to know it’s him, though, not me.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content