Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      BraveStrongSmart
      Participant

Hey, I feel like I’ve made some progress into healing and finding myself again but every time I have to speak about my abusive relationship with my ex I feel like I’m taking 10 steps back.

Does it get easier to speak about it with different people?
      I’m speaking with police, courts, therapists, friends etc.
      I just feel so deflated when I have to speak about it all as I get recurring nightmares and feel so rubbish about it all.

Help?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

I don’t have the answer to this but wanted to say how brave I think you are. That’s a lot to deal with. Wishing you much strength to get you through all this x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi, yes it does get easier, not so all consuming. When you know you’re going to speak to people about it or even if it comes up when with friends, take time to do something good for yourself. A relaxing bath, play your favourite music. By giving yourself treats you’re undoing the negativity taking about the relationship brings up.
      It can be a long road back from an abusive relationship, everyone’s timeline is different.
      You’re doing so well
      IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘1 step forwards, 10 steps backwards…’ is closed to new replies.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content