Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      keepgoing
      Participant

I watched an online video of Melissa Benoist talking about her experience with DV tonight and it brought back some unpleasant memories for me. After many years of being in an extremely abusive, toxic relationship, I somehow unexpectedly found the strength to leave and preserve through the worst few months of my life getting out. I wrote on here for advice a few times and the messages back always gave me hope and feeling little less lonely.

I’m not 100% free just yet I’m terms on contact with him due to a child however when I think how far I have came from this time last year in a pit of hopelessness, I’m very happy with my life just now.

Thanks for the support on here x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi the support is invaluable. Well gone in getting away from him and hopefully the contact will lessen overtime. Its lovely to hear you’re doing better.
      IWMB 💞💞

KIP.
      Participant

Thanks for sharing that positive news. Well done. Sharing our stories very often makes a huge difference to other victims. Maybe your post will inspire another woman to freedom. Enjoy the peace in your life x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content