Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mummyboo
      Participant

I have an appointment (detail removed by Moderator) with a solicitor. I left my husband (detail removed by Moderator) ago but only really feeling strong enough to do this now. Amongst other things I’m hoping that involving a solicitor will make him see that I’m serious and not coming back. The past months have been so so hard with so few positives so I’m really happy about this appointment.
      I’m currently trying to build up the courage to block him (and his family and friends) on social media. I currently block them on all my posts but would really like to block them completely.

starryeyed
      Participant

I hope your appointment with the solicitor goes well for (detail removed by Moderator)Mummyboo and I hope you find the strength to block him and family/friends as well <3

KIP.
      Participant

Make a list of your questions beforehand. Take a note pad. Make sure you explain the abuse and are comfortable that the solicitor has experience of dealing with an abuser. My abuser lied and lied but it didn’t seem to make any difference. Decide what you want as an outcome. If your solicitor thinks it’s what the law would allow then don’t deviate. And don’t waste money on letters backwards and forwards. They’re not worth the paper they’re written on.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content