Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

Well after my first session I’m feeling relieved 😅 I’m hopeful that I can look at myself in a new way. To not feel unworthy of love or help will be a big thing. I’ve totally off loaded most of my traumas in this first hour. I have lots to tackle from my childhood too. So we will see. For anyone who is considering counselling it’s definitely worth getting in touch with someone. I do wonder tho will I fully recover ?? Who knows can only try xx 😘 love diymum

KIP.
      Participant

Hey that’s fantastic. Keep going, it gets easier and the results for me were great. Sometimes we need help to re wire our brain. And understand where all these negative beliefs come from. Onwards and upwards 💕💪

Wants To Help
      Participant

Yay! Well done you. Counselling was certainly helpful in my road to recovery. I learned so much about myself and was able to recognise some changes in myself that I had to make in order to make better choices in men in the future. Glad to read this has helped you. Keep at it, some sessions may get a bit deeply emotional, but it all helps with the healing process in the long term.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

You’re so brave.
      Yes I believe we will fully recover. It just takes time. We will be the person we were before + have better knowledge of the different characters populating our planet and protect ourselves from them.
      We focus on ourselves and the other good people in our lives and we will be fine again. We will feel safe and strong and able to deal with situations life is throwing at us.
      You go girl 💪😘

HunkyDory
      Participant

That’s great diymum! I’m glad it went well and hope it continues to help you, well done 👍xx

theocrat
      Participant

How did you girls get counselling?
      I’m still recovering from my ex – he’s due in court next month with stalking and harassing me, it’s been almost 10 years since I left.
      When I have difficulties in my current relationship I always refer back to my life with my ex.
      I have to admit, I think my current boyfriend is similar to my ex – just less extreme.
      I need help with this.

diymum@1
      Participant

I will send the number xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content